A New Day
Here I am........I had hoped to continue my old blog but have not yet figured out a way to create a post on that account. So for now, I will just begin a new and add my meditations from my quiet time with Jesus this morning.
I love these quiet mornings! This morning, after my quiet time, I had the thought to resurrect my blog rather than keep sharing here on this platform what God is showing me in His Word......Ha! I had trouble finding my blog to begin with and then as I reread some of those posts (last one was in 2013) I was amazed how it related to what I was reading in my study this morning! It appears that "back then" fear was a stronghold in my life, just as God has been revealing to me that it continues to be. And I wonder, why? I thought I had "torn down" that stronghold! I have to ponder something Beth said in the study today about strongholds. She wrote, " In my research on strongholds and the Christian, I have come to believe God generally prioritizes one of two objectives: showing us His power or teaching us that He is all we need." She goes on to demonstrate through a story how a woman struggled with a tobacco and alcohol addiction. One she was instantaneously set free from and the other she daily makes the choice to walk in freedom over. Beth states that in the instantaneous freedom God demonstrated His absolute supremacy, and in the other His sufficiency, as she teaches her his strength in her weakness. So, maybe, God is teaching me to rely on Him in and "take captive my thoughts to obey Christ" as I make choices daily (and at times moment by moment) to trust Him rather than worry.
Here is my other challenge from today-- She asked that we (the readers) IMAGINE......
1) what would your life be like if you totally believed God?
2) how would life be different if your greatest desire became to glorify God?
3) What would it mean for you to find satisfaction in God?
4) Describe your life if God's peace wrapped around you and protected you even in the midst of the greatest possible turmoil.
5) What difference would it make if you could perfectly enjoy God's presence with nothing to come between you and Him?
I would love to say I ALWAYS am settled in these 5 areas, but I'm not. I want to be. Oh, how I want to be!
Comments
Post a Comment